Insulated coffee urns are great for both brewing a large amount of coffee and keeping a large amount of coffee warm for an extended period of time in social settings.
Keep in mind that beverage dispensers, which are sometimes labeled coffee urns, do not make coffee – they just store and keep your already made coffee heated. Most people need an actual coffee maker function included so that’s what we’ve included on this page.
Coffee urns make coffee like a giant percolator and they’re good choice for parties or events like weddings or award ceremonies. They also are ideal for a medium to large office, a teacher’s lounge in school, a greeting area in a church, or in a college dorm room for the students that really need to stay awake.
Finally, quality urns can also work very well for coffee shops and or cafés that need to have larger batches of basic coffee available at all times.
Insulated coffee urns are not like thermal carafes which are designed to be easily portable; however, when empty, they can be carried via the handles they come with. They all come with a one-hand dispenser so you can simply press and serve.
Now that we’ve figured out what an urn is lets look at the best urns for sale right now.
The Best Coffee Urns with Thermal Insulation
Some of the cheaper urns you can buy are not well insulated. They may hold anywhere from 30-cups to 100 cups of scalding hot coffee and the exterior wall of the device is hot to the touch. Sometimes uncomfortably hot.
The following models won’t be hot tot he touch like that but they aren’t the cheapest either. You get what you pay for.
Cafe Amoroso 100 Cup Stainless Steel Coffee Urn – Premium Commercial Double Wall DesignAlthough this 100-cup insulated coffee urn costs a little more than some other options on the market it is extremely well made and for it’s size it is priced extremely well too.
This unit will always feel comfortable to the touch too because the double walled stainless steel housing doesn’t transfer heat from the inner chamber to the exterior where grabby hands can touch it.
As for pricing we always advise our customers to buy their own coffee urns because if you need one once then you’ll likely need one again periodically. When you consider large coffee urn rentals the cost to buy bececomes very attractive if you need to use one more than a couple times a year.
We think this one is the best value for your money too, check it out.
Continental Electric PS77961 Pro Series 100-Cup Stainless Steel Double Walled Coffee UrnIf you want more options, which most people do then this urn from Continental Electric is another good option and it’s price is very similar to the Cafe Amoroso featured above.
You’ll find reviews are not quite as good for this unit but it has been around for a long time and has a lot more time under it’s belt.
You’ll find the thermal insulation to be perform well on this electric percolator and dispenser too so we don’t think you’ll be disappointed.
Both of the featured products listed above are 100-cup coffee urns. If you are looking for something smaller then please take a look at the following alternatives or just click through to see our favorite small coffee urns.
Here Are Some More Insulated Urns for You to Consider
Nesco CU-30 Professional Coffee Urn, 6.8-Liter, Stainless SteelBon Chef 40005 Stainless Steel Aurora Insulated Coffee Urn, 5 gal Capacity, Brass Accents9.5L/2.5GAL Stainless Insulated Beverage DispenserZojirushi CV-DSC40 VE Hybrid Water Boiler and Warmer, Stainless Steel
- Our insulated coffee urns range in price mostly on the low end and can hold up to 100 cups of coffee, depending upon the size you select.
- If you need an urn with style, we recommend the urns with a stainless steel exterior, equipped with handles and pour spouts.
- If you need to keep track of the level of coffee available, we suggest looking into those with a water level indicator.
- If you want to use an urn for more than just coffee (hot water for example), we recommend purchasing one with the “water boiler” feature, so that you can heat up your liquid at a moment’s notice.
- These urns come with a form of detachable lid to make emptying and cleaning more efficient; and many come with some sort of locking mechanism, making spillage less probable.
- For the material, you can select from stainless steel with plastic, brass, or chrome handles.
The majority of insulated coffee urns use stainless steel for their base and body, but they use plastic handles and pour spouts to keep you from being burned. You can also choose from brass or chrome accented, stainless steel coffee urns for a more elegant, or professional touch.
Stainless steel: stainless steel provides better insulation (keeping beverages hot or cold longer), and does not stain as quickly as other materials.
Brass/chrome accented: Brass or chrome accents add a refined and elegant look to a coffee urn. Urns with these accents are a good choice for high-dollar establishments, events, or parties such as weddings, televised or celebrity events.
Additional Perks and Information
You will not have to worry about keeping such a large amount coffee hot if you purchase an insulated coffee urn, as they’re guaranteed to keep your coffee warm for hours.
- If an insulated urn isn’t necessary, go to our section of small coffee urns, available on our products page.
- If you are looking for something insulated, but prefer it to be more portable, we have large, insulated coffee carafes that come with a handle for simple carrying.
Pump Coffee Carafes
Brew and Grind Your Own Coffee at Home!
Buying your daily dose of caffeine from your favorite coffee shop is definitely convenient. But, if you take the time to take a look at your receipts and check how much you’ve spent for even just a week, you’ll be surprised. True, they brew the right type of coffee you want and use the right sort of bean, but that doesn’t really make theirs that special.
In fact, it’s possible for you to have your own high-quality and great-tasting coffee at home at just a fraction of the cost! Making good coffee isn’t that hard but to keep it tasting great you need to store your brewed batches properly. We recommend storing them in pump carafes just like they do at the cafe.
BUNN 36725.0000 3.8-Liter Lever-Action Airpot, Stainless SteelThermos Model PP1920M, 2 Quart Thermal Beverage DispenserBUNN 28696 2.15-Liter Push Button Airpot Coffee/Tea DispenserOggi 65-Ounce Pumpmaster, Lever Pump Action with 4 Different Beverage Settings, Glass LinerPrimula Double-Wall Beverage Carafe with Pump Dispenser, Stainless Steel/BlackVonShef 5-Liter Thermal Airpot Beverage Dispenser, Stainless SteelWilbur Curtis Thermal Dispenser Air Pot, 2.2L S.S. Body Glass Liner Lever Pump – Commercial Airpot Pourpot Beverage Dispenser – TLXA2201G000 (Pack of 6)Wilbur Curtis Thermal Dispenser Air Pot, 3.0L S.S. Body S.S. Liner Lever Pump – Commercial Airpot Pourpot Beverage Dispenser – TLXA3001S000 (Pack of 6)BUNN 13041 2-1/2-Liter Push-Button Airpot Coffee/Tea DispenserBUNN 32130.0000 3.0-Liter Lever-Action Airpot, Stainless SteelZojirushi 2.45-Liter Brew-Thru Air Pot, Polished Stainless SteelOggi 102-Ounce Pumpmaster with Stainless Steel Liner, Push Action Pump and Safety Lock
This, though, doesn’t come without any investment as you’ll have to spend money on a lot of things. Namely, you’ll need pump coffee carafes or even just smaller thermal coffee carafes (to keep your coffee off a hot plate), coffee grinders, and enough time to find the right beans you want.
Sure, you can just ask your barista how they brew your favorite coffee. But as would any coffee aficionado would tell you, the fun part is with choosing the right coffee bean for your own brew.
Is It Really Worth It?
As you may have now known if you did a quick search on the market price of a coffee grinder and coffee maker, you’ll know that they aren’t cheap. More so if you’re going for the top of the line pump coffee carafes or a burr coffee grinder.
If you think about it, though, a couple of hundred dollars for the two is worth it. This is because you’ll be able to use it for months and even years at a time if you take care of these properly!
Not only that, you’ll be able to make your own brews, pick from a number of coffee beans available in your area and get to try out a variety of scents, aromas, tastes and so on and so forth.
True, you can do that with your favorite coffee shop, but that means another couple of dozen bucks that could easily add up in a month or in a year if you’re the type that drinks coffee every day.
The 5 Best Large Coffee Urns for Parties, Weddings, or Conferences
It’s easy to understand that large coffee urns exist for only one reason- because there are a lot of people who actually need them, but the reasons why one might need them are diverse.
However, Gamble Bay Coffee understands that if you ever need one, you need to find the best model and we’re here to help you find your best Large Coffee Urn. In today’s article, we are going to discuss some of the best models to choose from and the things that you must keep in mind while considering any of these models.
Some of the Best Large Coffee Urns That You Might Want
As I just said, it’s important to find the model that would be the best for you. This is something that’s not always easy given the number of products and all the complex things that you apparently have to keep in mind when it comes to selecting or even judging a model properly.
But, there’s no need to worry because Gamble Bay Coffee is here to make things simple for you. We’ve gone one step ahead and shortlisted some of the best models that are available out there and the ones that have proven themselves worthy of being bought. So, let’s take a look at the main features of each of these.
Let us begin today’s list with the Focus Foodservice 58001R Regalware Aluminum Coffeemaker. This is one of the models that has been really loved by all the people who have used it. It’s really simple to find out why, if we take a look at the main features that this model offers.
- This model boasts of an astonishing capacity of 100 cups! That’s one of the largest sizes you can go for and as such that makes this model a really great choice if you’re looking for an especially large coffee urn.
- This model has been built keeping in mind that it’s going to be used a lot. Even if you’re planning on using this model commercially, it’s a great option to go with because of it’s super high durability level.
- It has a fast brew system that lets you brew 100 cups of coffee in less than sixty minutes of time.
- At the end of the day, the non-drip spigot and the heat-resistant handles make this model a really great choice for just about anyone looking for a large coffee urn.
Next in line is the Cafe Amoroso 75 Cup Stainless Steel Coffee Urn. This model is yet another one of those models that seemingly offer you with all the features that you might look for in a coffee urn, ranging all the way from durability up to efficiency. Let us take a look:
- This model has a dual walled structure with insulating air in between, making it one of those models that’s going to keep your coffee warm for a long time.
- This model also boasts a super high level of durability with a body made of commercial stainless steel- so you can use it without worrying about damaging it! (Of course, that’s no reason to mishandle any product.)
- This model boasts an inbuilt filter basket and it claims that this excludes the need for any additional filters. That is the reason why this model does not have any separate filters, so you’re free from the hassle of having to replace filters every once in a while if you go for this one.
Next comes the Proctor Silex 45100 100 Cup Brushed Aluminum Coffee Urn, the model that you find amazon advertising all the time if you ever go out in search of a large coffee urn. That is bound to make you wonder what’s so special about this model- well, here’s your chance to know! The main features of this model are as follows:
- This model boasts of a dual heater system that ensures that your coffee will be uniformly heated. In some models, people complain that the coffee lacks a homogeneous heat up, but that’s nothing to worry about in this case.
- This model also lets you easily dispense at the click of a button, a perfect “one hand dispensing system” that makes sure that you don’t have to go through a hassle just to get your drink poured.
- This model is made of aluminum, which makes it comparatively lighter than some other models made of stainless steel, though not quite as durable. So, if you think you’ll be moving your urn around frequently (when it’s empty, of course!), you might want to opt for this model.
- Finally, this model offers you a capacity of 100 cups, too, and that means it’s a great choice if you’re looking for a model larger than the typical large models of 60 or 75 cups.
Now here’s a comparatively high end product from a company that is really recommended by experts and users alike. Hamilton Beach is by far one of the most famous and most loved companies when it comes to kitchen appliances, so it’s a great choice for just about anyone. Of course, that’s no reason to ignore the features that it comes with!
- This model’s keep-warm feature makes it famous. It keeps the coffee warm all the time with as little bitterness as possible!
- This model also boasts a one-hand dispensing option with cup trip handle.
- It has a really distinguishing look, and that’s something that really sets it apart from all the other large coffee urns that you get out there. So, if you’re a person who valuea your aesthetic points, this model deserves consideration for sure!
Let’s conclude today’s list with the West Bend 33600 100-Cup commercial coffee urn! This model is one of the most sold options out there, so the list wouldn’t be complete without discussing this model. The main features that this model comes with are as follows:
- This coffee urn has a highly polished aluminum exterior, making it aesthetically pleasing.
- This model also boasts of dishwasher safe removable components, making it easy to clean.
- This model can brew up to 1 cup per minute, making it a pretty fast machine, though some other machines might be comparatively faster.
- Finally, this machine also has an automatic temperature control, ensuring you get your warm-coffee-at-the-go whenever you’re up for it!
Of course, as we said earlier, it isn’t easy to shortlist products in this case. It’s important that you know about the things we kept in mind so that you can also judge the models for yourself once in order to find the ones that are the best for you.
- First of all, the main thing that we kept in mind was the size/capacity of the models. This article is specifically about large coffee urns, so it’s important to keep the size of the model in mind.
- Then comes the matter of durability. A durable model not only pays for itself in the long run, but also ensures that you’re free from the hassle of having to run to the consumer care center all the time.
- And then there’s the point of functionality. Some models are clearly more functional than others. There are several kinds of features such as automatic keep-warm and the no-drip spigots that some people might specifically want, and we understand how important it is for them.
- And finally, we’ve also taken into mind the economic aspect. While it might seem lucrative to just go for the most functional model, it’s important to be aware of one’s budget.
Large Coffee Urn Comparison Information
Now, all of these factors have been considered while compiling this list for you. Thus, this list is the result of quite a bit of judgement, on our part. However, it is indispensable that you judge the models according to your own specific needs. That’s something that’s completely indispensable if you ever wish to find the best one for yourself.
Keep in mind that the best model for you isn’t the one that’s best for everyone else. It’s the one that serves all your needs at the most affordable, or most reasonable, price.
FAQ for Large Coffee Urns
Now, of course, there might be quite a few questions in your mind. It’s time that we came to answering them. As your host, I’d be obliged to answer all your questions. Right now, I’m going to answer the most common ones asked. Should you not find your answer here, feel free to get in touch with me and I’m sure we can find an answer together!
- Are there any problems that come along with a large model?
Well, nothing really out of the ordinary. Of course, a larger model is usually heavier and takes up more space, so it’s harder to place or move around. Besides that, I don’t think there are too many special problems that come along with the large capacity.
- Are these models any different from the smaller ones?
Except the capacity/size, not really. The whole mechanism is the same, it’s only the size that’s different to suit some specific quantity needs. Beyond that, size shouldn’t matter, except in how it affects how often you need to brew.
- How important is the economic factor in this case?
Well, in most of the cases here, it isn’t really too important because these machines aren’t too expensive. Of course, you must be aware about how much you can spend. You have to make a budget before you go out to buying anything, so you have to take care of that and buy a model that fits your budget.
These are likely the best models that are available out there. We have already mentioned the main things that we have judged them on. However, that doesn’t mean that these are the only ones out there. You can always search for more models, on your own.
You must keep in mind that the best model out there isn’t necessarily the best one for you. The best model for you is the one that serves all your needs at the most affordable price. So, keep this fact in mind when you go out in the market to find the model that is the best for you.
Gamble Bay Coffee is always here for you. We’re here to help you find the best model for yourself by providing you with the right information that you need to do that. Feel free to reach out to us, should you have any queries and do not forget that we are always here and that we are here ONLY for you.