There are a lot of good 24 ounce travel mugs for sale these days and you can really pick and choose whats important to you. If you really don’t care about quality there are some really in expensive 24 oz insulated mugs but for those with deeper pockets there are a few really awesome tumblers and mugs that can and will keep your coffee hot for a real long time without leaking.
It’s easy to say any one particular mug is the best but in real life everyone is going to have their own opinions on what is important and what is best for the money.
Instead of choosing one mug and labeling it “the best” I’ve looked at all the most popular 24-ounce mugs and listed the top rated of the bunch below.
In some cases the mugs below will be insulated beverage bottles instead of true “mugs” and some of the foreign brands might not be exactly 24oz but will fall within an ounce or two in either direction.
Top Picks In The 24 Oz Travel Mug Space
In addition to the mugs listed above I wanted to give a little extra detail on a few of them below. Please read on.
They say that three is a company. While we love to drink coffee alone, maybe when we want to think in retrospect or we just want to have some quality time to think and enjoy the solitude, coffee is also fun when shared with friends.
Coffee shops have become a popular hangout for people to catch up with each other. Even families love to spend time in a coffee shop and enjoy each other’s stories.
Coffee has such a social effect on people. And when you can bring your coffee anywhere, it can easily turn into a coffee party.
Whether you want to enjoy more than a cup of coffee or you want to share with friends, these 24 ounce travel mugs will surely appeal to you.
Copco Big Joe Thermal Travel Mug, 24-Ounce
- Holds a whopping 24 ounces, yet its tapering design leaves the base slim enough to fit in standard car cup holders
- A non-skid base prevents tipping and a tight fitting lid prevents big spills
- The contoured handle works for right or left handers
- Hand washing is recommended for best care
Thermos Stainless King 24 Ounce Drink Bottle, Midnight Blue
- Thermos vacuum insulation technology for maximum temperature retention, hot or cold, keeps liquids hot for 12 hours and cold for 24 hours
- Unbreakable stainless steel interior and exterior
- Cool to the touch with hot liquids, sweat proof with cold
- Locking, leak proof lid with one hand push button operation
- 24-ounce capacity
Thermos Vacuum Insulated Compact Bottle Beverage Bottle
- Thermos vacuum insulation technology locks in temperature to preserve flavor and freshness to keep beverages hot for 18 hours or cold for 24
- Durable 18/8 stainless steel interior and exterior withstand the demands of everyday use
- Convenient twist and pour stopper makes serving simple
- Built-in stainless steel cup lets you enjoy your beverage anywhere
- Light and compact design for effortless transport and storage; stays cool to the touch with hot liquids and is condensation-free with cold
OXO Good Grips Large Thermal Travel Mug with Cap, 24 ounces
- 3 silicone seals lock in liquids for no spills
- One-handed, one click activation. Button turns red when container is open
- Double wall stainless steel with vacuum insulation helps keep beverage hot for hours
- 24-ounce Container and 10-ounce drinking cup
- Not recommended for use in microwave
Contigo SnapSeal Byron Stainless Steel Travel Mug, 24 oz
- Do not use cleaners containing Chlorine, bleaches, abrasives and/or other harsh chemicals
- Seal It In – Leak proof lid (when closed) for on-the-go activities
- For the Long Haul – Drinks stay hot up to 7 hours and cold up to 18 with THERMALOCK Vacuum Insulation
- Easy one-handed drinking
- Fits most car cup holders
- Easy grip to grab and go
- Top rack dishwasher lid, hand wash body
Bubba HERO Fresh Insulated Stainless Steel Travel Mug with Grip, 24 oz
- Double wall stainless steel vacuum insulated travel coffee mug, keeping beverage inside bottle hot up to 6 hours or cold up to 24
- Bottle is completely BPA-free
- Fits in most car cup holders
- Features a silicone sleeve for easy handling and comfort
- Top rack dishwasher safe; Not for use in the microwave
EcoVessel 24 oz Travel Mug – Stainless Steel Vacuum Insulated Coffee Tumbler with Slider Lid Metro
- The EcoVessel Metro travel cup is triple insulated with TrimMax insulation technology, meaning that it keeps your drinks hot or iced cold longer than most other mugs.
- Stainless steel body, durable and lightweight
- BPA free plastic lid with a convenient slider opening
Finding the Right Travel Mug for Your Needs
There’s just too many options for travel mugs these days. There are stainless steel, glass, a travel mug good for one and some that can serve 3 or more people. When buying a travel mug for the first time, here are some important features you need to remember.
- Durability. During rush hour, your travel mug could get banged and knocked off. Some models easily break. You want a durable and sturdy one.
- Easy-to-clean. You will not always have your detergent and bottle brush with you. Make sure that your travel mug is dishwasher safe and easy to clean.
- Excellent heat-retention. You don’t want to drink a cold coffee, unless you initially made a cold brew. While you don’t expect travel mugs to keep piping hot coffee for the whole day, you don’t need a travel mug that only holds hot coffee for 30 minutes. A good insulated travel mugs should keep your coffee warm for a couple of hours. Some travel mugs offer double insulation system.
- Leak-proof seals. Since you will be travelling, you don’t want your coffee spilling on you or worse, spilling on the person beside. That’s a lot of mess and will cause you unnecessary hassle, not to mention embarrassment. If you are driving a car and bring a travel mug with coffee, the last thing you want is coffee stain on your leather seat.
- One-hand usability. Get a mug that has a lid that you can flip open with your thumb or an automatic, push-button lid. You don’t want to be unscrewing and screwing the lid back and forth, especially if you are on the wheel.
If you want to scale up and complete your home brewing skills, you will need to add a coffee burr grinder in your arsenal of coffee brewing equipment. Having a burr grinder will help you make...
There are a bunch of tiny k-cup coffee makers on the market, I know because I own around ten of them that fit this description! I actually reviewed many of the smallest k-cup coffee makers...