Want to know about the best coffee makers that use both k-cups and regular coffee grind? Well, you’re at the right place at the right time because that’s our topic of discussion today!
Many of these machine are single cup coffee makers while others can brew both single cup or full pots of coffee.
So, take your seats and make yourselves comfortable!
We really hope that you’ll find something that’s going to be informative and is going to help you find the best model for yourself once you’re done. So, ready for it? Let’s get started, then!
Your Best Value Machines for Brewing Ground Coffee or K-Cups
Each of the following coffee makers are great entry level units that are more than capable of making a great cup (or pot) form ground coffee. They are all also very easy to convert into a k-cup brewer.
Here is a summary of each unit and then further down this page you’ll find full reviews of each model.
Check Price on Amazon
|Hamilton Beach 49976 Flex brew 2-Way Brewer Programmable Coffee Maker
► Best Value By Far! My #1 Recommendation
Check Price on Amazon
|Mr. Coffee K-Cup Brewing System with Reusable Grounds Filter
► Tiny Footprint – Tiny Price
Check Price on Amazon
|Chefman Coffee Maker K-Cup InstaBrew Brewer – For Use With Coffee Grounds Too
► The fastest cup of coffee I’ve ever made!
Check Price on Amazon
|Hamilton Beach 49974 FlexBrew Single-Serve Coffee Maker for K-Cups and Ground Coffee
► Bestselling Flex-Brew
Check Price on Amazon
|Gourmia GCM3600 3 In 1 Cup K-Cup, Leaf Tea Infuser & Ground Coffee – Single Cup Coffee Maker
► Brews Ground Coffee, K-Cups, & Loose Tea
Check Price on Amazon
|BELLA Dual Brew Single Serve Personal Coffee Maker
► Currently Sold Out
Below you’ll find reviews for all of the top k-cup or regular ground coffee machines. You can also jump ahead to see my favorite option. It’s not a cheap unit but it is probably the best of them all! You can also see my list of best Keurigs too since they can all handle regular coffee grind as well as k-cups.
Our Dual-Brew Coffee Maker Reviews
There are a lot of models available out there that let you use your own grounds or coffee pods. This list has been made specially to help you out find the best ones for you.
We’re going to talk about the facts that we’ve taken into mind while considering the models over the course of the article, so that you can judge it for yourself as well- so that’s nothing to worry about.
Let’s take a look at the models now:
First of all comes the Hamilton Beach 49976 Flex Brew 2-Way Brewer/Programmable Coffee Maker. If you don’t know, Hamilton is a really famous and loved line of products. This specific model offers you the following features:
- First of all, this model has two reservoirs that are super simple to fill.
- Secondly, this model has easy-view water windows for you to be easily able to keep an eye on how much longer it can go on preparing your beautiful coffee.
- Third, there are two options that you can go for, if you choose to go with this model: Bold and Brew. This gives this model a high level of versatility as well.
- And of course, it boasts of a programmable timer and an auto shut off to make it easy for you to plan ahead of time, so that you can always have your fresh coffee ready!
Next comes the Chefman Coffee Maker. This model is yet another great model that comes with a lot of features that might make you love to go for it. But there’s only one way to find out and that is to take a look at the main ones that this model offers you. These are as follows:
- This model is super versatile. Quoting Amazon:
this coffee maker is designed to fit ALL K-Cups & Coffee Grounds so you can have your cup of joe the way you want it; you can also brew tea. (Not affiliated with Keurig/Green Mountain)
- This model has a great design that makes it easy to place. Some models are so big that it’s hard to find a proper place to keep them. It’s hard to even keep them in store. However, the sleek design helps this one out, in that case.
- And this model also provides you with Rapid Brew and ReBrew. This means that you can continue to make cup after cup of coffee without any delay and get the same hot coffee any time that you want.
While the first model in the list was from Hamilton, that doesn’t mean that there can’t be another one from Hamilton as well. As we said earlier, it’s one of those companies that are respected, and that respect partially comes from the fact that they have so many great models.
So, the main features that this model boasts of might be summed up as follows:
- This model also has a easy-view water window that makes it easy for you to keep an eye on it. This is visible from the side and front.
- This model allows you to brew up to 10 ounces of coffee with a single serve pack, or up to 14 ounces at a time if you’re using ground coffee!
Gourmia is yet another line of products that’s famous, owing to the fact that they always come up with unique products. This specific model is also no different and it’s pretty evident to anyone if you take a look at the main features of this model, which are as follows:
- This is one of those appliances that you can rightfully call “all-in-one”. That’s because this model can perfectly prepare tea, coffee, as well as work with k-cups!
- It has a kind of control panel that also allows you to select the right brewing time and temperature to perfectly make your tea or coffee the way it’s really intended to be made.
- The filters are also detachable for this model so that they can be perfectly cleaned. These filters are also dishwasher safe so cleaning them isn’t an hassle either.
Now, if you’re one of those people who love economic models, Bella is one of the most economic options available, with products ranging all the way from pressure cookers up to coffee makers.
This model is no exception and the main features of this model are:
- This model provides you with three serving sizes. You can opt from the 6 ounce, 10 ounce and 15 ounce sizes to get as much coffee as you want (and your mug can hold)!
- This model also lets you make cold tea and cold coffee at the touch of a button. If this is what you were looking for, then you need not look any further! Quoting Amazon,
Versatile single serve technology gives you the option to brew coffee or tea on ice cubes to make your own cold refreshing beverages with one touch of a button
- Finally, this model also has a sleek design that allows you to keep it properly and even store it away properly, if you have to. It’s not one of those giant models that are hard to place anywhere.
Mr. Coffee also brings to you an amazing model that you might want to go for. Why, you ask? Well, here are the features:
- This model makes you 10 ounces of coffee per serving, enough to get you up working in the morning and fill your average sized mug!
- Of course, this model is also automated enough to have an automatic shut off feature once the brewing is done. So you don’t have to sit there waiting to turn it off.
- It also includes a My Grounds reusable filter to ensure that your filtration process is always perfectly prepared.
- And of course, a convenient drip tray that’s removable and washable. It collects any extra drips to keep the brew space shining!
Of course, you might be wondering how we narrowed down to these models and compiled this list. Well, we just kept several factors in mind while judging all the models available out there. These were as follows:
- We judged the serving capacity of each model. If you carefully read this article, you’ll find out that we have mentioned it in almost every case. This is important because we all might have different needs and we need to get the right amount of coffee. For those of us who want a 15 ounce serving, a 6 ounce serving model wouldn’t be the best idea, right?
- Next, we also took a look at the design of every model. While some models are wider and hard to fit, some are actually sleek and easy to keep on counter-tops or tables.
- Of course, we also took a look at the features that the models offer. While some models just have an automatic shut off, some models are much more versatile and allow us to program the brewing details, like temperature and time. Some people might want to go for a model with some of these features and so we kept them in mind too.
Now, all of these things have been kept in mind for us while compiling this article and we’ve narrowed it down so far, but that’s not where it ends. You still have to judge these models for yourself to find the one that’s the best for you.
Keep in mind that the best model for you isn’t the one that’s the best selling in the market. It’s the one that serves all your needs at the most reasonable price and the only way to find it is to judge every model according to your specific needs, which only you know perfectly.
So, don’t forget to do that before you go for it!
“Flexible Brew” Single Serve Coffee Maker FAQs
Of course, you might want to ask me a few questions. Some might be budding up in your mind by this point and that is entirely natural, but since you cannot exactly ask me questions here, I’d like to answer the most commonly asked ones at this point. I also request you to kindly reach out to us if you have any more questions.
Keep in mind that we’re here for you and we would love to attend to any questions that you might have. We can brainstorm over any such issue together till we find the ideal solution to it- so please do NOT hesitate to reach out to us!
- What is the main thing to look for in a model like this?
There are a lot of things that are important, to be honest. Important things list all the way from features and efficiency up to affordability. But the main things to look for vary based on the person’s needs.
- Does the design of the model play any part at all?
They all work as intended, if that’s what you mean, so no reason to worry. Naturally, some have different features built into the design, so those make a difference it they suit you. Also, some of the larger models aren’t exactly tabletop or counter-top friendly as much as some of the sleeker models.
- How important is the economic factor here?
Not all models are equally priced and not of all of us are on an equal budget. While some of us might be fine going with just about any model, some of us might be on a conservative budget. So, it’s important to know your budget and to buy the model that’s the best suited to it. That’s one of the main reasons why I’ve mentioned the high end models like (the one from) Gourmia as well as the affordable ones like (the one from) BELLA in the same article.
Related: Do you ever have stomach sensitivity to coffee? Maybe you should experiment with coffee roasted to have a neutral pH. See this post for a list of our favorite low acid Keurig coffee brands.
At the end of the day, all of these models are available for you to go for, but that’s no reason to relax- on the contrary, it forces you to judge all of them properly from the perspective of your specific needs. That’s the only way to find the model that is truly the ideal one for you.
Gamble Bay Coffee is here to help you out with anything, so there’s no reason for you to hesitate to reach out to us for anything. We’re always here and we are eager to help you out with any question or issue that you might have. You’ll not be disappointed, we promise that to you!
These Coffee Makers Use K-Cups and Regular Scoop Coffee
If you love coffee, then you’ll love the convenience of coffee maker that uses K cups and regular coffee. This makes it easy to quickly have that essential dose of caffeine to keep you on the go. You will enjoy a perfect cup anytime anywhere. So what are you waiting for, bring home a quality coffee maker that will consistently provide you gourmet drinks in a flash. Check out the coffee makers that use K cups and regular coffee below.
Hamilton Beach FlexBrew Single-Serve Coffee Maker for K-Cups and Ground CoffeeThis is the easiest coffee maker to brew with or without k-cups!
This machine comes with both a filter basket for scoop grounds or a k-cup holder. You just switch out the basket for whatever you are type of coffee you are making.
Also, for a single cup coffee maker it gives you a lot of space for your taller travel mugs. You can fit a mug up to 8 inches tall.
We also love how small and efficient this machine is for such an affordable price. The price really is the best price for the value you get.
Hamilton Beach Flexbrew 2-Way Brewer w/ Pot and Gold Tone FilterThis is the next step up from the Flexbrew lineup.
It will also make single serve k-cup coffee but can also make full pots of coffee into a standard size 12-cup carafe!
This model comes bundled with a gold tone permanent filter making it a really great value!
Keurig K75 Single-Cup Home-Brewing System with Water Filter Kit, PlatinumThe K75 Single-Cup Home-Brewing System with Water Filter Kit is manufactured by Keurig, a company that has been consistently providing quality products for consumers. It makes any coffee aficionado’s life much easier. With a touch of a button, this premium model unit will provide you hot beverages.
This coffee machine features a blue backlit LCD display, digital clock, and user friendly control panel. It’s one of our favorite Keurig models next to the K150 that can connect direct to your water line in a snap.
This coffee maker can be used with K-cups and regular coffee. With a programmable size option and temperature control, you will always have the perfect cup every time you want it. You really have to bring home this platinum coffee maker.
Mr. Coffee BVMC-KG2FB Single Serve Coffee Maker, French Bull Design, MulticoloredThe Mr. Coffee BVMC-KG2FB Single Serve Coffee Maker is a coffee maker designed by the popular eclectic designer Jackie Shapiro. More than this beautiful unit, this provides you awesome beverages may it be coffee, tea and cocoa.
In addition, you can use a K cup to make your favorite drink. All you have to do is simply add water to the reservoir, insert desired K-cup pack and press a button. You will have an awesome drink in no time.
Check out this amazing product from Mr. Coffee and big changes in your coffee drinking routine.
Are There Any Alternatives to the Flexbrew Coffee Makers?
Aside from the Flexbrew coffee makers from Hamilton Beach the best alternative is probably the Keurig K250. It’s one of their Keurig 2.0 machines.
The K250 can only use regular grind if you buy the reusable k-cup and pack them yourself but that can be a good thing if you want to roast your own coffee and actually use it for single serve Keurig-style drip coffee.
I would advise you though that packing k-cups in advance with pre-ground coffee will result in a poor tasting cup – even if you roast the beans yourself. Ground coffee’s freshness fades so quickly after all. We are pretty sure though that packing k-cups just before you use them won’t be fun either so you’ll just be tempted to use scoop coffee every time.
The carafe option on the K250 isn’t a full size 12-cup pot but you can get an easy 4-6 cups (30oz) allowing you to brew coffee for 2-3 people at a time.
If you are shopping around then make sure to check out the Cuisinart K cup coffee maker too! When comparing them to official Keurig models they perform just as good and some of the Cuisinart models can brew full pots of coffee in addition to single serve portions.