The average coffee maker makes hot water very efficiently but unfortunately the vast majority of them do not have a built in dispenser. This makes it a lot harder to use them for anything other than making coffee.
For some people this is fine but in a house full of very different people I find that hot water dispensing coffee machines are invaluable and used far more frequently than one might expect.
I have been using a good Cuisinart for a long time now; it’s got an independent hot water system on the side which is frequently used to make tea or oatmeal in the mornings. It works great for us but there are actually a bunch of other coffee machines that make hot water on the side too.
In fact I’ve reviewed five of your best options for this feature lower on this page. Before we get to them however I wanted to summarize the machines first in the following table.
Check Price on Amazon Check Price on Walmart
|Cuisinart CHW-12 Coffee Plus 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker with Hot Water System
► Very Durable – A Long Time Best-Seller
Check Price on Amazon Check Price on Walmart
|Hamilton Beach 49982 Coffee Maker & Hot Water Dispenser
► Your Lowest Price Option
Check Price on Amazon Check Price on Walmart
|Mr. Coffee BVMC-DMX85 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker with Integrated Hot Water Dispenser
► Two Water Reservoirs, One For Each Function
Check Price on Amazon Check Price on Walmart
|Cuisinart SS-700 Single Serve Brewing System
► Single Serve Brewer w/ Water Dispensing Option
Check Price on Amazon
|Hamilton Beach Single-Serve Coffee Maker, Programmable FlexBrew with Hot Water Dispenser (49988)
► Brews K-Cups or Ground Coffee
If you are looking for a great new coffee pot for you home and you want it to be able to give you hot water on demand then check out each of these models below where we’ve fully reviewed your five best options in this space. You are sure to find something that fits your budget as we’ve looked at all machines from various price points.
Now, on to the reviews.
Reviews of Hot Water Dispenser Coffee Makers – My Favorites
As I just said, it might actually be pretty hard to find a model with a hot water dispenser feature. However, it’s not impossible if you’re not afraid to search a bit. Fortunately, we did just that, for you, so that you can save your time.
So, the main models worth mentioning among the ones that we managed to find are the following:
Cuisinart is one of the companies that’s known for a whole lot of reasons. Besides being one of the companies that seemingly make every kitchen appliance out there, this line of products is also famous for having highly functional models at affordable prices. So, of course, this model lives up to the same reputation. The main features might be summed up as follows:
- This model is actually super automated. You can program a lot of things ranging all the way from the temperature up to the shut off.
- This model gives you three temperature settings (low, medium, and high).
- Of course, this model has the hot water dispenser feature.
- This model has a 24- hour programmability and you can select anything between a 1-4 cup setting, for getting exactly the amount of coffee/hot water you’re looking for.
- Finally, this model also has a self clean function that comes in really handy at times and saves you the trouble of having to do a lot of hard work or having to hire a professional to do that for you.
Another line of products that has come to be really loved by the market is the Hamilton Beach. The Hamilton Beach 49982, besides providing you with the hot water dispenser, also offers you the following:
- The security that comes with buying a product from the Hamilton Beach line of products. This line of products is known for the best quality products and so you can rest assured that you won’t have to run to the customer service a bunch of times with petty issues.
- This model can make 12 cups of coffee at once.
- This model is also not too expensive and so it’s actually pretty much available as an option to everyone, regardless of their budget.
Another model that’s known for its functionality level is the Mr Coffee BVMC-DMX85 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker with an Integrated Hot Water Dispenser. This model comes from the Mr. Coffee line of products, as is obvious, and offers you these features:
- This offers you a brew strength selector to help you get exactly the kind of brew that you love.
- This model also has a delayed brewer function, which is basically acting here as a pre-planner for you. You can just select how long you want to delay it, so that you can get the best coffee when you get up or when you reach home.
- And there are indicators for everything! The Hot Water dispenser has an indicator, as does the self clean mechanism- it tells you when it’s the right time to clean it so that you can keep getting the best-tasting coffee.
But these models might seem sort of hard to use for some people who aren’t that familiar with the new kinds of technology. Well, fear not, because Cuisinart brings to you the Cuisinart SS-700 Singe Serve Brewing System. The most prominent features of this model are:
- It can be fully automated. It comes with a digital clock, proper LED display, proper timer and all of those things that let you perfectly plan ahead.
- Next in line is the fact that this model has a large, 80 ounce removable water reservoir that ensures that you won’t have to keep refilling after one or two servings of coffee that you make for yourself, like you have to with some other models.
- Again, this model also is super simple to use as we mentioned earlier. This is because this model, while programmable, mostly works based on a few buttons and it has a proper display system, which is a huge plus for this model.
This model also comes from the Hamilton Beach line of products. The Hamilton Beach Single-Serve Coffee Maker, Programmable FlexBrew with Hot Water Dispenser also provides you with the dispenser you’re looking for. Some other notable features of this model are:
- You can use a single serve pack or ground coffee. This model has compatibility with both of them.
- It can brew up to 14 ounces of coffee and dispense up to 16 ounces of hot water at once.
- If you don’t do anything for about 30 minutes, the automatic shut off kicks in and it turns the machine off, saving you costs in terms of electricity consumption.
A Buyer’s Guide to Coffee Makers
Of course, there are always a few things that we must take into consideration while buying. So, before you decide on buying any model, you must always judge it a couple of times by yourself.
So, these are the main things that you must keep in mind, in this case, to ensure that you get the model that serves all your specific needs and is actually the best for you:
- If you’re going out to buy a model that has a hot water dispenser, do your research to make sure that the model actually has it. We understand that it might seem obvious, but still, do not forget to make sure that you’re actually getting it.
- You might be looking for a model that is more versatile. If you only wanted hot water, you probably wouldn’t be looking for a coffeemaker, so might as well find one that gives you a variety of drink options.
- Finally, you have the keep in mind the economic factor. This is because everyone has a budget and one must always go for a model that fits perfectly in it. That’s why there are companies out there such as Cuisinart that are partially so famous because of their affordable prices. At the end of the day, even if you’re on a conservative budget, you must do your research and only go for that model which fits your budget.
Hot Water Dispenser Comparison Info
It is important to note here that these are the main things based on which we judged the models. However, we can only judge it from a general perspective. Only you can be truly and entirely aware about your own specific needs and that makes it indispensable for you to judge the models by yourself for once.
That’s the only way to find the model that is the best for you so we really suggest that you do that before you make up your mind in favor of a model, so that you can be proud of your choice when the results come!
Your FAQs Answered
Now, while you might be one of the veteran coffee makers who just came here to learn something new or just because too much wasn’t available on this topic elsewhere, there are a ton of questions that might be popping up in your mind at this point.
Well, I assure you that it’s perfectly natural and I’d be more than happy to make everything clear to you. However, since you can’t exactly ask me questions here as you would do in a regular conversation, I’m going to answer the most common questions and I’m going to ask you to reach out to me if you have anything more that you want to discuss!
- What is the main thing to look for in a model like this?
There are a lot of things that are important, to be honest. Important things list all the way from features and efficiency up to affordability. But the main things to look for vary based on your needs.
- Should I go for a specific company?
Another question that’s really common is that if there’s some company that’s specially better. While there are bestselling companies, there’s no way to say that they are the best by far. The best one for you, as we have already seen earlier, depends on you. However, it might be mentioned that experts often recommend sticking to larger companies because they have a greater validity.
- How important is the economic factor here?
Not all models are equally priced and not of all of us are on an equal budget. While some of us might be fine going with just about any model, some of us might be on a conservative budget. So, it’s important to buy the model that’s the best suited to it.
And now to conclude this article let’s take one last brief look at my top picks for the best hot water dispensing coffee pots of 2019.
The 5 Best Coffee Makers With Hot Water Dispensers:
- Cuisinart CHW-12 Coffee Plus 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker with Hot Water System
- Hamilton Beach 49982 Coffee Maker & Hot Water Dispenser
- Mr. Coffee BVMC-DMX85 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker with Integrated Hot Water Dispenser
- Cuisinart SS-700 Single Serve Brewing System
- Hamilton Beach 49988 Single-Serve Coffee Maker, A Programmable FlexBrew with Hot Water Dispenser
Keep in mind that the best selling machine isn’t always the best machine for you.
Your needs might be different than mine and and that is why we should always do our research before we go out and buy something. Pricing should certainly be a factor but it’s almost always worth paying a small amount of money more to get that one extra feature that you know you’ll want or to get a small improvement in build quality. Shop smart.
7 Great Coffee Makers with a Hot Water Dispenser Built In
Modern technology has made our lives more convenient than ever. With numerous innovative products out in the market, a coffee maker with hot water dispenser has deemed to be one of the most important appliances at home.
They are really useful for lots of household chores. Can you boil water with one of these coffee makers?
If you ask me, it’s close enough.
So, here are a few of the best selling coffee makers that also have a built in hot water dispenser. We’ve reviewed a few of them below and we like them all generally well enough but one of my absolute favorites is not marketed for this purposes.
The Hamilton Beach 2-Way FlexBrew Coffeemaker has a full carafe on the left and a pod holder on the right. You can easily keep the pod holder empty for hot water and still use it for k-cups if you keep the pod holder close by.
Now, on to our reviews of the bestsellers in this space.
Cuisinart CHW-12 Coffee Plus 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker with Hot Water System, Black/StainlessThe CHW-12 Coffee Plus with Hot Water Dispenser is a product from Cuisinart that offers not only to brew coffee for you, but provide you with hot water for soups and other hot beverages of your choice.
It is built to adhere to the North American Electrical Standards so you are assured of this product’s quality and performance. It has a 24 hour programmability function that delivers trouble-free cleaning. It has a brew pause feature, adjustable on and off and you can even control the temperature to low, medium and high. This awesome product can brew 12 cups and coffee without the fuss.
Hamilton Beach 49980A 2-Way Single Serve Brewer and Coffee MakerThe Hamilton Beach 49980A 2-Way Single Serve Brewer and Coffee Maker gives you two options to brew, you can opt for a single cup if you want to enjoy your coffee alone or a full 12 cup glass if you have guests. It also has a strength selector if you want a regular or strong flavored coffee any time of the day.
The Carafe side water reservoir can either provide you hot coffee or water at your convenience. The user friendly control panel and display gives you programming the brewing time hassle-free.
So, this addition to your home is more than just a coffee maker.
Mr. Coffee BVMC-DMX85 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker with Integrated Hot Water Dispenser, 16-OunceThis coffee maker from Mr Coffee is programmable just like you would expect but we like the auto-pause feature that lets you take a cup before the pot finishes brewing!
As for the water reservoirs, there are two, one for coffee making and the other for making hot water for any other purpose. Unlike the Cuisinart mentioned above you can see how much water is in the hot water dispenser reservoir at a glance, No more thinking it’s got enough in it only to find you can only make half a cup of tea.
A Few Alternatives
Cuisinart CHW-14 Coffee Plus 10-Cup Thermal Programmable Coffeemaker and Hot Water SystemCuisinart Coffee Maker – 12 cup – with Hot Water SystemSunbeam 6131 Hot Shot Hot Water Dispenser, BlackHamilton Beach 49983 2-Way FlexBrew Coffeemaker
In addition to multi-use coffee makers like this you may want to shop specifically for a direct plumbed coffee maker because they make things even more convenient. You can brew coffee, get hot water on demand for tea, and never have to fill the water reservoir again.
Coffee Makers That Makes Hot Water On Demand Are Perfect For Tea!
The vast majority of our customers who are looking to buy a coffee machine that also dispenses hot water are in it for two reasons, they either want to easily make hot water to tea prep or for making hot chocolate!
What I love about these units is that they tend to have a separate water reservoir, one for coffee and one for always available hot water.
I’ve had a Cuisnart in my home for years and we (my wife) has used that hot water dispenser nearly daily for everything you could image – ramen even!
The only warning I can give you is that the hot water heaters tend to make noise off and on all day so if you leave it on then be prepared for that.
Do Any of These Water Reservoirs Come Off?
I only have a couple complaints about the majority of hot water dispensing coffee makers.
Most of them have built in reservoirs that aren’t removable.
If there was a large selection of coffee makers with removable water tanks then this would make these machines even better in my opinion.
Also, if I were to ask for anything out of mine it would be for an automatic shutoff of the water heater. Our is either on or off with no programming and if you leave it on for a really long time then evaporation of your hot water starts becoming a concern.
Just things to consider while you shop. 🙂