Once again, we’re back with another comparison between two really great models from a great line of products: Breville! In today’s article, we are going to compare the BES980XL and the Duo Temp Pro Espresso Machine and find out which model is a better choice.
We’re going to take a look at their main features first and then figure out their differences and why and when one might be better. We hope that you can learn something new from this article and so we recommend that you read it til the very end.
So, without further delay, let us take a look at the main features of the models.
What are the main features of the Oracle BES980XL?
The BES980XL is by far one of the most expensive espresso makers available, even from the Breville line of products. However, that’s no reason to run away from it because this is one of those models that deserves being priced highly. This can be easily seen if we take a look at the main features that this model offers you with, such as:
- This model has dual boilers and a dual dispenser system, while most of the other models have only one. This makes this model more efficient and versatile.
- This machine is one of the most versatile you may have seen to date. It provides you with three presets to choose from, as well as 6 customizable settings! This puts this machine far ahead of any competition, making it one of the best options available if you are willing to pay (substantially) more.
- This machine gives you a high level of automation: it automatically grinds, doses and tamps the required amount of coffee for a mess free, barista-quality espresso. In fact, it even provides you with the perfect foam texture without you having to touch a button!
- However, the main negative point for this model is that it’s not as durable as you might expect. While some people have had no problems with it, at all, others have reported that it keeps breaking over and over. You might want to do some research on your part before you go for this model. Keep in mind that Breville does seem to be cooperative with customers about these issues.
- Priced at around two thousand dollars, this machine surely isn’t the most affordable model out there. However, as I remarked earlier, it provides you with so many things at the same time that it’s hard to call even this price unjustified. As such, if you’re willing to pay that much, this model remains one of the best choices on the market.
What are the main features of the Duo Temp Pro Espresso Machine?
Next, let’s talk about the Breville Duo Temp Pro Espresso Machine. As the name makes it clear, this machine makes the perfect espresso for you. At least, that’s what all the people who have had to chance to use it have to say about it! Even so, let us still take a look at what this model offers in order to find out if it’s worthwhile or not.
- This machine is specifically an espresso maker; if you’re looking for a super versatile machine, then this one might not be for you!
- This machine also has a PID temperature control.
- It boasts of a 15- bar pump, which supposedly makes a bit of noise. However, the people who have used it say that the noise is slight and can easily be ignored. So unless even a little noise disturbs you, it’s fine to consider this model. However, if you’re like me and you want complete quiet, then you might want to search for an alternative.
- This machine has a pretty high electricity consumption, with a rating of 1600 watts. However, it still tries its best to be efficient and comes with an automatic shut off mode to provide you with as much electricity conservation as it can.
- Finally, this is also one of the more affordable models in the Breville range of products. So, if you like espresso and you’re looking to go for Breville, but want to minimize the budget, then this might turn out to be a great choice for you.
The main differences between the two
While these two models are similar in some aspects, they have quite a few differences as well. It is important that we take a look at these closely in order to understand when we might want use which model. The main differences between the two can be summed up in the following points:
- First of all, the BES980XL has a dual dispenser system while the Duo Temp Pro Espresso machine has a single dispenser, meaning the former takes up more room, but potentially takes less time if you’re making a lot of coffee at once.
- Next, the BES980XL boasts a much higher level of automation than the Duo Temp Pro Espresso Machine, making it a better choice if you’re looking for higher levels of functionality, efficiency and versatility.
- The BES980XL is one of the most expensive models in this category, while the Duo Temp Pro, although still high-end, is still nowhere close to it. So, if you are on a comparatively conservative budget, you might want to stick to the Duo Temp Pro. Please keep in mind that there are quite a few models available that are even cheaper than the Duo Temp Pro, in case you are looking for something that’s more affordable.
At the end of the day, there is one thing that you must always keep in mind: The best model for you is the one that serves all your needs at the most reasonable price. So, you must understand what your needs are and do your research before you go out and buy anything.
Gamble Bay Coffee is always here for you and we always aim to bring to you informative articles such as this one in order to help you out on your quest to find the right machine. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us because we are here just because of you. We hope you could learn something new from today’s article that helps you and we hope to see you here again soon!