There are time that accidents happen in the kitchen, right?
Admittedly, I can be clumsy at times and one of the worst things that happen to me was I placed the coffee grounds on the water reservoir. Yes, I made that mistake.
It’s quite funny when I look back at that time. But cleaning up that mess was another thing.
I had to remove the carafe from the hot plate and bring the whole thing in the sink. It did not help that there was water on the reservoir when I placed the coffee grounds. Some of the grounds got wet and were sticking on the sides of the reservoir. I had to empty and the grounds were stuck all over the interior. I ran water several times to remove everything because I don’t what any particles ending up inside the water tube.
It was during this time that I wished the carafe was detachable and cleaning this mess I made would have been a breeze.
I remembered another friend who accidentally spilled water all over her kitchen counter when she was pouring water into the water reservoir. Yes, the whole coffee machine got wet so she had to dry it. Needless to say, she had to get her coffee outside because she could not use hers at that moment.
Have you had a similar incident with your coffee maker?
The Benefits of Getting a Coffee Maker With a Removable Water Reservoir
You will never know when an accident can happen. Even if you have been very careful, accidents can still occur when you least expect it. Here are reasons why owning a coffee maker with removable water reservoir is practical.
- It helps you avoid potential accident.
Since the reservoir is removable, there will be less occurrence of water spilling when filling the tank. All you need to do is remove the tank from the coffee maker, fill it with water and put it back.
You will also avoid putting coffee grounds in there. As a matter of fact, the chances are zero. When you remove the reservoir, you only think of one thing to put in there – water!
- It is easy to clean.
Did you experience drinking state coffee? It’s a nightmare. And one of the culprit is unclean water tank. We can easily overlook it since we think that water is the only content of the reservoir. But remember, water creates moisture and this is one of the favorite breeding ground of bacteria, mold and mildew. In time, these nasty organisms can occur in your water tank and affects the taste of your brewed coffee.
If your water tank is removable, you can easily wash it up with water or vinegar to help remove any hard build-up of water minerals.
- It is economical.
How many times have you prepared coffee and end up having more than the amount you need? We don’t always see the markings on the water tank, especially if it is attached to the coffee machine and it is placed at the rear. Oftentimes, we estimate the amount of water. It turns out, our coffee is a little watered down or there are 2 more cups of coffee left in the carafe.
If your water reservoir is removable, you can easily see the amount of water you need because the markings are readily visible. You make the right coffee ground and water ratio so you can enjoy your coffee well.
Here are Five of the Best Coffee Makers With Removable Water Tanks
There are limited options when it comes to removable water reservoir coffee makers. However, you can take a look at these options to know which are highly recommended models out there. Please note that all of these models come with a removable water reservoir. Let’s see at the other outstanding features of these brands:
Mr. Coffee Optimal Brew 10-cup Thermal Coffeemaker System
Mr. Coffee is loved coffee machine brand because of its quality, versatility and value for money.
- Elegant style and ergonomic look
- Thermal carafe features “just-brewed” technology so it can hold temperature well and keep coffee fresh and flavorful
- Highly programmable with delay brew function so you can schedule when to brew your coffee
- It has a 10-cup capacity good for small to medium sized family or for small office use
Aicok Single Serve Coffee Maker
Aicok is another popular kitchen equipment. They are known manufacturers of pressure cookers and coffee makers. It’s a trusted brand so you’ll never go wrong owning an Aicok brand.
- It may have a single cup design but it does not mean it’s limited. You can use any cup size, including K-cups.
- This machine is super lightweight and very handy. If you love to travel, this is a good companion for you.
- It has an auto-shutoff feature that turns off when not in use. It helps you save on electricity in the long run
- It has a 12-ounce capacity
Cuisinart DCC-3000 Coffee-on-Demand 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker
Cuisinart is a favorite among coffee lovers because they offer a wide range of brewing machines suitable for just about anyone. The Cuisinart DCC-3000 is no exception. Take a look at its features.
- Highly programmable and easy temperature control so you can get the perfect settings for your coffee
- Because it’s on-demand, the machine dispenses one coffee cup at a time. The machine keeps coffee hot and you have enough coffee to last you for a day, even if guests arrive and ask for a cup of coffee
- It can hold up to 12 cups of coffee, each cup is about 5 oz of coffee
Behmor Brazen Plus Temperature Control Coffee Maker
If you love aesthetics, the Behmor Brazen Plus will make you love it at first sight. The unique design is an eye-catcher and could even make you want to take it home and add to your kitchen display.
- It is highly customizable with temperature control, pre-soak option and temperature calibration if you are living in higher altitude
- It can hold up to 8 cups of coffee or 40 ounces
Gaggia Classic Semi-Automatic Espresso Maker
If money is not an issue, the Gaggia Classic is a runaway winner. Just the fact that it can make espresso with just one button push is reason enough to love it.
- It has an espresso making option and milk frothing capability for your latte and cappuccino needs
- It has so many custom settings but very easy to use and program
- The design, feature and aesthetics are ultra-modern, perfect for well-decorated kitchen homes
- It has a large water reservoir capacity of 72 ounces
How to choose the right one for you?
There are no hard and fast rules when it comes to choosing a coffee maker. It is always a matter of preference. Therefore, it is important to ask yourself these things before buying one.
- Budget – How much is your working budget for a coffee maker? Keep in mind that the more features you want, it adds premium.
- Features – What features of the coffee maker are more important to you? Keeping these in mind will help you make tradeoffs. Just know which ones are most important for you and which features can be foregone.
- Carafe type – Do you want a glass carafe or a thermal one?
- Size – How many people will need to drink coffee at any given day? Most households choose the 8-cup or 10-cup sizes.
- Grinder – Do you need a built in grinder? Or are you okay to grind your own beans or just use pre-ground coffee?
Are you ready to make your purchase now? Enjoy shopping for your coffee maker with water reservoir.
Top 5 Coffee Makers with Removable Water Reservoirs
In my opinion Keurig made the detachable water tank commonplace in American households.
It used to be that every coffee maker I ever saw or used had an internal water tank that you had to fill up by pouring water into it, usually from the carafe itself.
After Keurig came on to the scene however it has become more and more common to see regular drip coffee makers, single serve coffee machines, and pod coffee brewers all have some models in their line that use the removable water reservoir design.
Obviously there are some perks to this design, the ease of filling the water tank at the sink is awesome but I also like how the removable tank makes it easier to keep your counter, your machine, and your tank clean.
Right now I’m really enjoying the Behmor Brazen coffee maker because it not only has a water reservoir that comes off for easy filling but the machine itself is really well made and produces the best quality coffee possible from a drip machine. It’s SCAA certified too!
Of course the Behmor is a bit higher priced than many people like which is why the Mr. Coffee Thermal Optimal Brew coffee maker is such a top seller in this category.
In today’s article we will be listing out the best options for detachable water reservoir coffee makers and providing some brief reviews on the top models.
Suffice to say every Keurig machine uses a removable tank so we typically advise our customers to go for the Keurig K575 but for those wanting a regular drip style coffee maker that uses a basket of grind then this list is for you
So, what are we still waiting for? Let’s get to the discussion.
Best Currently Available Coffee Makers with Removable Water Reservoirs
As you would expect, there are quite a few brands out there with quite a few models that allow you to detach your water reservoir for easy refilling. However, this does not mean that they’re all equal in quality.
That’s why we went one step ahead and compiled a list of the best products out there, and the most likely ones for you to actually want to buy.
So, here are the main models that you might want to check out:
First is the bestselling model Mr Coffee Optimal Brew PSTX91. This model is one of the most loved on the market, not because of just the way it looks, but because of all the versatility that it offers. The functionality of this model can easily be understood from the following points:
- Of course, this model has a removable water reservoir.
- Just-Brewed Thermal Carafe holds temperature and the fresh flavor of coffee
- There is a delay brew function that you can use to get the right coffee whenever you want. Imagine getting back from work or getting up from sleep and having your hot coffee ready and waiting.
- Finally, this machine has a capacity of 10 cups.
Then comes the Aicok Single Serve Coffee Maker CM805. Aicok is a famous brand with a lot of products available out there ranging all the way from pressure cookers up to our coffee makers. As such, it’s a really popular and loved brand with a really good reputation in the market. Let’s see the main features of this model.
- It has a single cup design, but don’t let that fool you because it’s super versatile and you can load it with a variety of cup options, including k-cups.
- This model has been specially designed and made to keep it lightweight, so it’s a handy machine that you can always carry around with you on a trip or similar. This makes this model really great for people who travel.
- This model also has an auto shutoff feature that ensures that your electricity is saved. So, you can say that in the long run this machine somewhat pays for itself by saving you costs in usage. And, of course, it also makes the whole thing safer.
- The water reservoir of this model boasts of a pretty large capacity of about 12 ounces.
Next in line is the Cuisinart DCC-3000. This model is acclaimed as one of the most functional coffee makers that are available in the market, right now. We can easily check out what this model is worth by taking a simple look at the main features that this model offers you.
- You can program your own temperature and timer settings to get the perfect coffee for you. This programmable feature makes this model stand out from quite a few other models.
- It dispenses one cup at a time with an easy to use activator. You can just press the lever and your cup will be filled, automatically, making it both programmable and super simple to use!
- This model holds about 12 cups of coffee (each of them being about 5 ounces).
Now, if you want to buy a model just because of its unique appearance, the best suggestion I have for you is the Behmor Brazen Plus Temperature Control Coffee Maker. When I first saw this model, I was genuinely surprised by how unique it looked. When I did some research on it, I found that this model is functionally well-off too! The main features of this model are:
- It’s one of those models that seem to have every good thing about it! Quoting Amazon,
Fully customizable, temperature control 8-cup coffee maker with pre-soak option and temperature calibration for high altitude
- It has super easy controls that anyone can easily operate and it’s still programmable, making it a great model.
- It has a capacity of about 8 cups, or 40 ounces.
For those of you who are looking for something on the higher end of the price range, we decided to save the last model for you. This is one of the higher end models that are available, but this model is, by far, one of the best I’ve ever come across. The main things that this model boasts of are as follows:
- It comes with a coffee and espresso making option, as well as a frothing option for perfectly preparing drinks that want frothing, such as espresso.
- This model also is super simple to use, despite offering so many options. This simplicity has earned it a lot of loyal customers.
- It has a completely different and sophisticated look to it that’s bound to make your kitchen look better. You could say that this model will be the perfect compliment to your well decorated kitchen.
- This model comes with a detachable reservoir with a capacity of about 72 ounces.
Of course, that’s not all that there is to it. These are the main things that we discussed from a general perspective, but your specific needs open to you a lot more things to consider before purchasing!
Some main things that you should considere are as follows:
- First of all comes the fact that the model needs to have a removable water reservoir. It’s the theme of the article, after all.
- Yet another thing that you should consider is the aesthetic aspect. There are a lot of models available out there, but you must find out which one would look good in your kitchen. Yes, for some people, it doesn’t matter, but for others, it’s everything! So, we recommend you seriously take it into account.
- The functionality of the models is yet another point that you can never ignore. Some models provide you with really nice features, such as the ability to plan ahead of time or program your own way of brewing (your own temperature and timer). Several people look for some of these features in their models and it’s important to take them into consideration.
- You might also want to make sure that you stay within your budget. While there are a lot of models, there are a lot of price ranges as well. You must be well aware about your budget, and only buy the model that fits it perfectly.
Removable Water Reservoir Coffee Makers Comparison Information
The most important thing to keep in mind while comparing models is what your specific needs are. These are the main things that must guide you during any such consideration. You don’t want to go for such a thing that looks great but doesn’t serve your needs. You also don’t want to go for something that’s cheaper, but is completely useless to you. You need to know what you’re looking for and buy a model that does that.
Keep this in mind and I’m sure that it will be super simple for you to easily find the model that would serve all your needs. Don’t forget that the best model for you isn’t the best one available in the market, but that one which serves all your needs. This is why you must judge it according to them in order to find the best one for yourself.
Coffee Makers with Removable Water Reservoir FAQ
By this point, a lot of questions might be building up in your mind. Don’t worry, I’ll answer the most common ones right now and request you to reach out to me if you have anything more that you would like to discuss.
Please know that we are here for you and we would love to hear from you. So do not hesitate to reach out to us if you have anything that you would like to ask us or discuss with us.
- Can a model break while I try to remove the reservoir?
It’s reasonable to get scared about damaging your product when you have to remove parts. However, the models that have this feature are generally designed in such a way so that you can do it without damaging them. If you still aren’t sure, you can always check that out online or learn it from someone you know who has a similar model. It’s nothing to worry about!
- Should I go for a specific company?
Another question that’s really common is that if there’s some company that’s specially better. While there are bestselling companies, there’s no way to say that any one is the best, by far. Plus, just because the company is popular doesn’t mean it makes something you want. So, you still have to judge what would be the best product for yourself.
- How important is the economic factor here?
Not all models are equally priced and not of all of us are on an equal budget. While some of us might be fine going with just about any model, some of us might be on a conservative budget. So, it’s important to buy the model that’s the best suited to it.
At the end of the day, you’re the customer and all these models are available for you, but that makes it even more important for you to do your research before settling on one.
Keep in mind that Gamble Bay Coffee is always here to help you out. If you have any questions, we are always here and always up for discussion. So, if you have anything you might want to discuss, please feel free to reach out to us and we promise that we will try our best to help you with all the information that we have in order to help you find the best model for yourself.