There are time that accidents happen in the kitchen, right?
Admittedly, I can be clumsy at times and one of the worst things that happen to me was I placed the coffee grounds on the water reservoir. Yes, I made that mistake.
It’s quite funny when I look back at that time. But cleaning up that mess was another thing.
I had to remove the carafe from the hot plate and bring the whole thing in the sink. It did not help that there was water on the reservoir when I placed the coffee grounds. Some of the grounds got wet and were sticking on the sides of the reservoir. I had to empty and the grounds were stuck all over the interior. I ran water several times to remove everything because I don’t what any particles ending up inside the water tube.
It was during this time that I wished the carafe was detachable and cleaning this mess I made would have been a breeze.
I remembered another friend who accidentally spilled water all over her kitchen counter when she was pouring water into the water reservoir. Yes, the whole coffee machine got wet so she had to dry it. Needless to say, she had to get her coffee outside because she could not use hers at that moment.
Have you had a similar incident with your coffee maker?
The Benefits of Getting a Coffee Maker With a Removable Water Reservoir
You will never know when an accident can happen. Even if you have been very careful, accidents can still occur when you least expect it. Here are reasons why owning a coffee maker with removable water reservoir is practical.
- It helps you avoid potential accident.
Since the reservoir is removable, there will be less occurrence of water spilling when filling the tank. All you need to do is remove the tank from the coffee maker, fill it with water and put it back.
You will also avoid putting coffee grounds in there. As a matter of fact, the chances are zero. When you remove the reservoir, you only think of one thing to put in there – water!
- It is easy to clean.
Did you experience drinking state coffee? It’s a nightmare. And one of the culprit is unclean water tank. We can easily overlook it since we think that water is the only content of the reservoir. But remember, water creates moisture and this is one of the favorite breeding ground of bacteria, mold and mildew. In time, these nasty organisms can occur in your water tank and affects the taste of your brewed coffee.
If your water tank is removable, you can easily wash it up with water or vinegar to help remove any hard build-up of water minerals.
- It is economical.
How many times have you prepared coffee and end up having more than the amount you need? We don’t always see the markings on the water tank, especially if it is attached to the coffee machine and it is placed at the rear. Oftentimes, we estimate the amount of water. It turns out, our coffee is a little watered down or there are 2 more cups of coffee left in the carafe.
If your water reservoir is removable, you can easily see the amount of water you need because the markings are readily visible. You make the right coffee ground and water ratio so you can enjoy your coffee well.
Here are Five of the Best Coffee Makers With Removable Water Tanks
There are limited options when it comes to removable water reservoir coffee makers. However, you can take a look at these options to know which are highly recommended models out there. Please note that all of these models come with a removable water reservoir. Let’s see at the other outstanding features of these brands:
Mr. Coffee Optimal Brew 10-cup Thermal Coffeemaker System
Mr. Coffee is loved coffee machine brand because of its quality, versatility and value for money.
- Elegant style and ergonomic look
- Thermal carafe features “just-brewed” technology so it can hold temperature well and keep coffee fresh and flavorful
- Highly programmable with delay brew function so you can schedule when to brew your coffee
- It has a 10-cup capacity good for small to medium sized family or for small office use
Aicok Single Serve Coffee Maker
Aicok is another popular kitchen equipment. They are known manufacturers of pressure cookers and coffee makers. It’s a trusted brand so you’ll never go wrong owning an Aicok brand.
- It may have a single cup design but it does not mean it’s limited. You can use any cup size, including K-cups.
- This machine is super lightweight and very handy. If you love to travel, this is a good companion for you.
- It has an auto-shutoff feature that turns off when not in use. It helps you save on electricity in the long run
- It has a 12-ounce capacity
Cuisinart DCC-3000 Coffee-on-Demand 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker
Cuisinart is a favorite among coffee lovers because they offer a wide range of brewing machines suitable for just about anyone. The Cuisinart DCC-3000 is no exception. Take a look at its features.
- Highly programmable and easy temperature control so you can get the perfect settings for your coffee
- Because it’s on-demand, the machine dispenses one coffee cup at a time. The machine keeps coffee hot and you have enough coffee to last you for a day, even if guests arrive and ask for a cup of coffee
- It can hold up to 12 cups of coffee, each cup is about 5 oz of coffee
Behmor Brazen Plus Temperature Control Coffee Maker
If you love aesthetics, the Behmor Brazen Plus will make you love it at first sight. The unique design is an eye-catcher and could even make you want to take it home and add to your kitchen display.
- It is highly customizable with temperature control, pre-soak option and temperature calibration if you are living in higher altitude
- It can hold up to 8 cups of coffee or 40 ounces
Gaggia Classic Semi-Automatic Espresso Maker
If money is not an issue, the Gaggia Classic is a runaway winner. Just the fact that it can make espresso with just one button push is reason enough to love it.
- It has an espresso making option and milk frothing capability for your latte and cappuccino needs
- It has so many custom settings but very easy to use and program
- The design, feature and aesthetics are ultra-modern, perfect for well-decorated kitchen homes
- It has a large water reservoir capacity of 72 ounces
How to choose the right one for you?
There are no hard and fast rules when it comes to choosing a coffee maker. It is always a matter of preference. Therefore, it is important to ask yourself these things before buying one.
- Budget – How much is your working budget for a coffee maker? Keep in mind that the more features you want, it adds premium.
- Features – What features of the coffee maker are more important to you? Keeping these in mind will help you make tradeoffs. Just know which ones are most important for you and which features can be foregone.
- Carafe type – Do you want a glass carafe or a thermal one?
- Size – How many people will need to drink coffee at any given day? Most households choose the 8-cup or 10-cup sizes.
- Grinder – Do you need a built in grinder? Or are you okay to grind your own beans or just use pre-ground coffee?
Are you ready to make your purchase now? Enjoy shopping for your coffee maker with water reservoir.
If you are looking for the best K-cup coffee maker on the market, one that doesn't take up a lot of space or do too all the fancy things that most people don't even care about then read on. I can...
I've purchased, owned, and used both the K-Slim and the two different versions of the K-Mini, the regular Mini and the Plus version. Not only have I used all of these machines but I've collectively...