There are times when you just want to enjoy your coffee without actually doing all the prep work like grinding the beans, brewing and cleaning up instantly. Sometimes, it’s just wonderful to push a button, put your cup under the spout and wait for the machine to fill your cup of coffee. Such convenience would be a welcome treat.
Before this kind of convenience is just a dream. Now, you can readily buy an on-demand coffee maker and enjoy brewing coffee and drinking it when you need or want it.
Why do I need an on demand coffee maker with no carafe?
- It is very convenient.
If you have a traditional coffee maker with carafe, you will need to brew coffee in the morning, take the carafe and pour it into your cup. After an hour or so, the coffee becomes cold. You will need to brew a new batch and consume it as soon as possible or store it in an insulated travel mug.
With an on-demand coffee maker, you don’t need a carafe to store the coffee. You can brew up to 12 cups of coffee in one process and just dispense coffee as you go. This will be enough for your coffee needs even if you have guests at home.
If you happen to own a single serve coffee, you will soon feel that it can be tedious to always make a new batch of coffee if you need to more than 12 ounce of coffee. It also means you need to wait for about a minute for the next cup of coffee.
With an on-demand coffee maker, no need to wait for your coffee. You can get it anytime. Just put your cup under the spout and dispense.
- It is very practical.
In the long run, you can save time, energy, and electricity charge when you use the on demand coffee maker. This is especially true if 3 or more people in your household love to drink coffee at any given time of the day. You can brew coffee in the morning and it will dispense just enough cups of coffee for the whole household without needing to brew another batch.
- It is a good investment.
If you love brewing coffee at home and are known to entertain guests often, or you have a small office with 5 to 10 people working for you, this is a good investment.
The Best On Demand Coffee Makers Without a Carafe
There are limited options when it comes to on demand coffee makers with no carafe. Here are 5 of the best models you can choose from.
Krups KM9008 Cup on Request Programmable Coffee Maker with Precise Warming Technology
- Highly programmable coffee maker with efficient timer, cup size selection , aroma selection and more settings to customize your coffee to your preference
- No need to worry about stale coffee since it has a Precise Warming Technology to keep your coffee hot and fresh for up to 4 hours
- It can hold up to 12 cups of coffee
- Three options for cup dispensing system – small, medium and large
- You can set the brew to weekends and weekdays, so you can schedule your coffee exactly when you need it
- Water window is front facing so you can see clearly the water level
- Can accommodate even travel mugs
- Has a built-in water filtration system
Cuisinart DCC-3000 Coffee On-Demand 12-cup Programmable Coffeemaker
- Highly programmable coffee maker with 12-cup capacity
- Visible coffee gauge that shows amount of available coffee
- Easy to remove drip tray
- Can accommodate travel mugs and other mug sizes
- Has 1-4 cup settings so you can adjust temperature, coffee strength if you are brewing less than 5 coffee cups
Hamilton Beach BrewStation 12 Cup Coffeemaker with Removable Reservoir – 47900
- Has 12 cup capacity for large volume brewing at home
- Removable water reservoir for easy refill and use
- It can fit most sizes of mug as wells as travel mugs
- Options for hot and cold coffee
Hamilton Beach 12-cup Coffee Maker, Programmable Brewstation Summit Dispensing Coffee Machine – 48464
- Convenient one-hand dispensing unit with no carafe
- Enclosed brewing system and keep-warm heater to keep your coffee fresh and hot
- Coffee is dispensed directly to cup to avoid spills and leaks
- It has a versatile brewing option – regular and bold flavor
- Has 1-4 options for brewing less than 5 cups
- Programmable timer and auto shutoff and you can choose between 0-4 hours
- Stainless steel for elegant look
Cuisinart DCC-2000 Coffee on-Deman 12-cup Programmable Coffee Maker, Brushed Metal
- Has a simple “press-to-serve” lever that delivers up to 12 cups of hot coffee
- Has a double-wall reservoir for better heat management
- Visible coffee gauge to count down remaining number of coffee cups
- Has a 24-hour programmability for better scheduling of coffee on-demand
- Has auto-shutoff feature when not in use for 4 hours
- Elegant look with a professional brushed metal housing
- Contemporary look perfect for modern homes
Other Important Features of a Coffee Maker
While having an on-demand coffee maker with no carafe is very helpful at home, there are other features that you may want to consider to ensure that this coffee brewing machine is perfect for you.
Multi-function – If you love different kinds of beverages, aside from coffee, it will help if your coffee machine can make espresso, latte and cappuccino. Plus, if it can fit your travel mug, it is really a good buy.
Capacity – How many cups of coffee do you need in a day? Most people choose 8 to 12 cups for maximum brewing.
Programmability – Do you want to have your coffee before going to bed or first thing in the morning? You can easily set the time and schedule of your coffee brew so you can wake up to a fresh cup of coffee easily.
Strength and temperature selections – You can control both the water, temperature and time it takes to bloom the coffee. You can create regular or bold brew.
Built-in coffee grinder – Do you need a coffee maker that has built in grinder? It comes handy if you want to fully automate all your coffee brewing needs. Simple pop the beans, grind it, press brew and you have everything in just one press.
Automatic shutoff – This is an important safety feature that will really come handy on days when you are too busy and you forgot to turn off your coffee maker.
Pause function – A cool new feature that allows you to pause midway of the brewing process. Usually, the first two cups are often stronger than the rest.
Filter basket or paper filter – It is a personal preference. Machines will filter basket do not need paper filter and are cost-efficient in the long run. However, you will need to clean it often and some grounds can end up in your coffee cup.
Some Tips to Keep in Mind
If you are planning to buy an on-demand coffee maker with no carafe, here are some things to keep in mind.
- You will need to always clean it. It will be a challenge since you do not see a typical carafe and it is easy to forget that you have used it and there are used coffee grounds inside. Make sure to check it every night before you sleep and clean it to get ready for the next day.
- Some models may not easily show water level, make sure you have enough water for the brewing to avoid any electrical problem and machine failure.
If you want to scale up and complete your home brewing skills, you will need to add a coffee burr grinder in your arsenal of coffee brewing equipment. Having a burr grinder will help you make...
There are a bunch of tiny k-cup coffee makers on the market, I know because I own around ten of them that fit this description! I actually reviewed many of the smallest k-cup coffee makers...