I love kitchen equipment that serves many purpose. A rice cooker that serves as steamer. An electric oven that also acts as rotisserie. A blender that works as food processor and mixer too. And finally, a coffee maker with hot water dispenser.
As a working mom, I need to multitask. Having these equipment within my reach are a blessing in disguise.
Is it a good idea to have a coffee maker with hot water system?
The answer to this question is best done by giving reasons and benefits of owning a coffee maker with hot water dispense. Let’s see about that.
- It saves you time.
Today, we are all busy with so many activities, deadlines, meetings and schedules. Our days are always full and a little bit of efficiency can go a long way. Just imagine if you have a separate coffee maker and water kettle, you are brewing coffee in one side and then you need to put the kettle on the stove, check it from time to time until it boils. Then, you have to transfer it in a vacuum-sealed jar or Thermos to keep it hot until it is ready to use.
But if you have a coffee maker with hot water dispenser, the coffee brews and the water heats up almost at the same time. You can just leave it there, continue with your chores or activities and return to it after a few minutes. No more running back and forth to check if the water is boiling or not.
In our household, not everyone drinks coffee. My son loves hot chocolate and my mother-in-law drinks tea in the morning. They need hot water for it. While I brew coffee for my husband and I, the water for chocolate and tea is also heating up. It gives me time to sit down, check on my emails, reply to clients and update my Facebook page.
- It is safer to use than water kettle.
I heard so much horror stories about toddlers and young children getting burned by hot water. Since the kettle sits on top of the stove, the parent or guardian goes around the kitchen doing other stuff and the little one gets curious. The next thing you know, you heard a loud cry and the scalding water spilled on the child. Leaving the stove unsupervised spells accident. Sometimes, even adults get into this accident. To be on the safe side, invest on a coffee machine with a programmed hot water. It can save a life.
- It is economical in the long run.
Many people have this aversion over electrical appliance because it might incur additional charges on electricity bill. If you have thought about that, manufacturers are already thinking two steps ahead of you. It’s part of their marketing claim and as they say in advertising, you have to truthful. In fact, manufacturers put research and effort into these machines and designed it in a way that will be cost efficient to buyers. Otherwise, their products will not sell.
As a matter of fact, owning an electric kettle and using it incurs more charges on your electric bill than using a coffee brewer with hot water dispenser.
Five of the Best Coffee Makers With Hot Water Dispensers
Are you ready to choose your coffee maker with hot water dispenser? The following list will help you pick one.
Cuisinart SS-700 Single Serve Brewing System
If you are a fan of the K-cup craze and want an additional feature for your other home needs, the CuisinartSS-700 Single Serve Brewing System will suit you best.
- Highly programmable setting – you can set it up to brew and heat up water any time of the day or turn it off at an appointed time
- Select the size of your cup – choose from 6 oz cup to 12 oz with an option for travel mug size as well
- If you only need hot water, the system can shifts to this setting and you can also choose the needed cup size
- If you need to switch from coffee to tea or chocolate, just press rinse to clean up the shower for your next setting
- Big water reservoir, up to 80 oz
- Clear and transparent water container, also has a “Low Water” alert level to help you see the need to replace or add more
- Has a built-in charcoal water filter to clean up any impurities in your water source
- Comes with grinder too
Cuisinart Coffee Plus Programmable Coffeemaker and Hot Water System
The Cuisinart Coffee Plus models – CHW 12 and the CHW 14 – both have hot water dispensing system. Take a look at these features:
- Hot water dispenser is separate from the coffee dispenser, great for making coffee and tea or chocolate at the same time
- Manual switch on and off, so you can turn it on for the whole day and have hot water available any time. When manually turned on, it takes 3 minutes for the water to heat up
- Has a safety lever for the water dispenser so kids cannot play with it
- 12-cup machine has a 54 oz water reservoir, while 14-cup model has 56 oz water capacity
- Both units have self-cleaning settings
- 12-cup has a glass carafe, while 14-cup has a thermal carafe
Mr. Coffee 12-cup Programmable Coffeemaker with Integrated Hot Water Dispenser
Mr. Coffee is one of the leading drip coffee machine brands. The model with a hot water dispenser is a sought-after machine by patrons of the brand. If you find the Cuisinart models too expensive, your next best choice is Mr. Coffee.
- Highly programmable feature so you can brew anytime, or even set it at night and get everything ready when you wake up.
- Brew up to 12 cups
- Has a unique “pause” button so you can pause the cycle, get your coffee or adjust the setting and add strength to your coffee brew
- Has a freshness timer so you’ll know how long the coffee has been brewing
- Unit has auto turn off after two hours of non-use
- Hot water is ready in 4 minutes
- Very affordable if you are entering home brewing lifestyle
Keurig K450 2.0 Brewing System
This may be the expensive unit in this list but it has its reasons why it’s on the top. If you prefer convenience, quality and originality, this unit is for you.
- Choose between single cup or carafe of 4-cup capacity
- Has a 70 oz water reservoir enough for several cups of coffee, even a coffee party
Ninja Coffee Bar Brewer
The Ninja Coffee Bar is another good alternative to the Cuisinart line.
- It has a thermal carafe for better management of hot water and brewed coffee
- Has multi serve dial for various cup sizes – single cup. Travel mug, half carafe and full carafe
- Equipped with artificial intelligence and dispenses water according to brew type
- Has thermal flavor extraction technology so you can customize the strength and flavor of your coffee
- Offers several options like rich, classic, iced or specialty brew
- Removable water tank for easy refill and cleaning
- Has a stainless steel, vacuum-sealed carafe to keep your coffee hot for up to 2 hours
There are very limited options when it comes to coffee maker with hot water dispenser. The Cuisinart brand offers more options in terms of size and efficiency. However, the price may be too steep for a beginner home brewer. But if you want to make a lasting investment, this is the best choice.
If money is not an issue, the Keurig line is a nice addition to your kitchen. It’s modern design and silver-white color is a perfect piece.
If you are still undecided but looking for a more affordable option, check out the Ninja Coffee Bar Brewer. However, prices seem to vary and you might still opt for a Cuisinart after checking several options online.
If you are looking for the best K-cup coffee maker on the market, one that doesn't take up a lot of space or do too all the fancy things that most people don't even care about then read on. I can...
I've purchased, owned, and used both the K-Slim and the two different versions of the K-Mini, the regular Mini and the Plus version. Not only have I used all of these machines but I've collectively...