Once again, we’re back with another comparison between two really great models from a great line of products: Breville! So, in today’s article, we are going to compare the BES870XL Barista Express and the Breville Duo Temp Pro Espresso Machine and find out which model is a better choice to go for.
We’ll be taking a look at their main features, first, then figuring out their differences and the reasons one might be better for a given person. We want you to learn something new from this article, so it’s recommended that you read til the very end.
So, without further delay, let’s take a look at the main features of the models now.
What are the main features of the Barista Express BES870XL?
One of the top-selling models from the Breville line of espresso machines is the Barista Express BES870XL. What’s more is the fact that all the people who have used this model seem to love it, which is always a good sign. However, let’s still take a look for ourselves:
- The temperature settings are entirely in your control and you can set them at intervals of 2 degrees Fahrenheit- allowing you to prepare your beverage at the perfect temperature.
- It applies low water pressure at the start of the shot to gently expand grinds for an even extraction.
- This machine has presets that are ready to serve you at the touch of a fingertip, as well as the option to program your personal way of preparing your coffee. You could say this makes this model a lot more versatile in comparison to the other ones available.
- It removes excess water from the used grounds in the filter basket after extraction to make an easily disposable coffee puck.
- This machine can also serve as your hot water dispenser, saving you from needing a separate machine for that purpose.
- This model has a pretty high electricity consumption with a rating of 1600 watts. However, it still tries to be efficient and comes with an automatic shut off mode to provide you with electricity conservation.
While it is still true that this model is fairly expensive and is surely a high end product, that’s pretty much standard for all Breville products and this model does have quite a few things that make it worthy of purchase despite its comparatively high price.
What are the main features of the Duo Temp Pro Espresso Machine?
Next, let’s talk about the Breville Duo Temp Pro BES810 Espresso Machine. As the name makes it clear, this machine makes the perfect espresso for you and that’s what all the people who have had to chance to use it have to say about it! Even so, let us still take a look at the main features that this model offers in order to find out if it’s worthwhile or not.
- This machine is not intended to prepare regular coffee. It’s pretty much strictly for espresso, so keep that in mind.
- This machine also has a PID temperature control.
- This boasts of a 15 bar pump, which supposedly makes a bit of noise. However, the people who have used it say that the noise is really little and can easily be ignored. So, unless even a little noise disturbs you, this one should be fine. However, if you’re like me and you want complete quiet, then you might want to search for an alternative.
- This machine has a pretty high electricity consumption with a rating of 1600 watts, but it does come with an automatic shutoff.
- This machine is also one of the more affordable models in the Breville range of products. So, be sure to research, but if you’re looking to go for Breville and want to minimize the budget cost, then it might turn out to be a great choice for you. Click here to see how affordable the Duo Temp Pro really is!
What are the differences between the two?
There aren’t too many differences between the two. However, the ones that are there make them appeal to entirely different groups of people. So, the main differences that we want to note are as follows:
- The Barista BES870XL is far more versatile when it comes to preparing different kinds of beverages. This is something that the Duo Temp Pro can’t even come close to and, as such, the former might be a good choice if you’re looking to do more than make espresso.
- However, there’s also something that equalizes matters: the Duo Temp Pro is substantially cheaper in comparison and, as such, you might want to opt for it, despite the low level of versatility. Despite the more affordable details of the Duo Temp Pro such as the use of a thermoblock instead of a thermocoil, the lack of adjustable shot volume, and the not-built-in bean hopper and grinder the BES810 still makes exceptional espresso making it a great deal for the price.
Both the models are widely available and best sellers. There are plenty of reviews from users and other pieces of information out there to help you decide on the one that suits you the best.
We believe however that the Barista Express is the ideal espresso machine for the home espresso enthusiast. It does everything you need it to and does it well. Short of having a dual boiler it’s as top of the line as you can get.
If however you already use a stand alone grinder and don’t need or want all the micro adjustments then the more affordable Duo Temp Pro is going to suit your needs and bank account best.
No matter which one you choose you need to make sure to buy the best espresso beans you can find and afford because cheap coffee will never taste good no matter what grinder you use. Here is a good list of your best coffee beans for espresso to get you started.
Please know that the best model for you isn’t necessarily going to be the one everyone else bought, but the one that serves all your needs at the most reasonable price. So, do your research before you go out there and buy one!
Gamble Bay Coffee is always here to help you out and always brings you informative articles like this one in order to help you out on your quest to find the best machine for yourself. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us if you have any queries. We are always here and we are always happy to hear from you! We hope that you learned something new from today’s article that it comes in handy. Til next time, take care and stay well!