What comes to your mind whenever you think of Espresso? Nespresso! Once you have fallen in love with the exquisite flavor that Nespresso gives you, it’s impossible to even think of anything else!
De’Longhi, one of the most loved brands out there, brings to you the Nespresso Pixie Espresso Machine to cater to this love of yours for the perfect Espresso!
Although a little more expensive that quite a few other models available even from the same line of product, this machine is widely regarded as one of the most loved product in the Nespresso Market. You might be wondering if this name is worth it, and that’s exactly what we rare going to check out today!
Gamble Bay Coffee brings to you a rational review of the Nespresso Pixie Espresso Machine by De’Longhi; we hope that you would be able to learn at least something new, and that would it would help you find the right model for yourself. So, don’t forget to read the article till the very end and let us know how you liked it!
What are the main features of the Nespresso Pixie Espresso Machine by De’Longhi?
As we remarked earlier, this is one of the comparatively upper range models from the De’Longhi line of products. But why is this so? The reason can easily be found out if only we take a look at the main features of the Nespresso Pixie Espresso Machine from the De’Longhi line of products.
The main features of this model might be summed up in the following points:
- Like all Nespresso machines, this machine brings to you the comfort and automation that you could have only thought of earlier. At the touch of a button, you can now have your espresso prepared without doing anything at all! This surely does make this machine take over the traditional machines for making espresso! [To read a more detailed comparison between Nespresso and the Traditional Espresso Machines, click here.]
- This machine is an Original line product, which means that it uses hot water and pumps it at 19 bars to prepare your espresso perfectly. However, it also does mean that your machine does not make coffees, which is a specialty of Vertuo line. Click here for the differences between the Original Line and the Vertuo Line.
- The folding drip tray accommodates larger cup sizes, and drops down automatically when you remove your mug to catch drips and that’s just perfect because that means you don’t have to go through the hassle of having to cleaning up the countertop or table after every use. Another model you might want to go to if you’re looking for a folding drip tray is the Nespresso Inissia from the De’Longhi line of products.
- There is yet another thing that makes this model really loved: An empty water level indicator! It shows you when your tank has been drained and you need to refill it. It’s specially useful when you don’t want to have to keep eye out on it all the time just to make sure you would be able to prepare your drink.
- You can prepare both Espresso and Lungo with this model, like almost all models that belong to the Original line series. And that’s pretty okay, if you ask me, because you know it beforehand and you can buy the model only if it suits you.
- Another thing that makes this model pretty special is the simple fact that this model comes with a milk frother too! So, if you’re looking for one and the other features of this model are alright for you, you might just choose to go with this one because of the high level of functionality that this model provides you with.
- Even in terms of energy efficiency, this machine does not lag behind anyone. If you leave it running and forget that you did, this machine turns itself off after about 9 minutes! Now that’s the kind of energy efficiency we all want, don’t we?
- This machine has been designed while keeping solely the Nespresso Capsules in mind, and as such De’Longhi includes a welcome set with a range of Nespresso capsules with unique aroma profiles with every machine that you buy! There are sixteen capsules that you’re provided with in this welcome set (yes, 16!)
- One of the main things to note about this model is that you can ONLY use the Original line capsules with this model. The Vertuoline ones cannot be used. This is one of the things that makes several people look for alternatives and so is something that you must keep in mind while considering this model.
Related – Make sure to see my full comparison of the best Nespresso machines sold today.
What are some of the negative aspects of this model?
Naturally, this model isn’t flawless- no model is! However, while it does have flaws, these are certainly limited. But this makes it even more important to take a look at these because these are the ones that would ultimately let you decide if you want to go with this model or not. The main shortcomings of this model might be summed up in the following points:
- The first thing is that this model does not make coffee since it does not belong to the Vertuoline series. This is one of the chief complaints people have against this model as well as the Original line series as a whole. If you can look over this, the other limitations start to pale in comparison. For a model that makes coffee, you might want to check out the Breville Vertuo.
- The next thing is the fact that this model does not come in several colors. Yes, color choice and aestheticism is an important factor to many, and if you are one of those people to whom it matters, well, sad news for you.
- Finally, one of the things that matter to everyone, the price of the model. This model is a pretty upper range model. While it does provide you with functionality, it still does not really seem to provide you with the exact amount of functionality that the price difference between this model and the lower ones demand. So, that’s something you might want to consider.
Is it worth going for?
Well, that’s a serious question and there are quite a few points that you might want to consider if you’re really wondering about the worth of this model. The first thing is that this model is undoubtedly functional, it is a good model and there is no denial about that. This model boasts of a good level of utility and you’d surely love this model if you’re fine with the limitations it has.
However, I personally think that this model is a little overpriced for the amount of utility it provides you with. While I’m certainly not discouraging you from buying this model if you like it, I’m just saying that it might be a little overpriced. If that’s fine with you, and if you are in love with this model, then there’s absolutely no reason to not go for it.
[Keep in mind here, that only the logical reason isn’t always the reason to follow. Sometimes, we just fall in love with a model. I have myself bought several models that I thought weren’t the right ones because I loved them, only to be glad later that I did. So, in case you even fall in love with this model or any other, don’t forget that the choice you’re making is no longer between two models: it is now between another model and the regret that you didn’t go for the model that you really fell in love with.]
How to choose the right model for yourself?
Choosing the right model for yourself might seem like a pretty hard thing to do, and it really is. I’ve seen most of the people I know struggle with it and I was genuinely surprised at first. But I eventually realized that they just do not know where to start from, and that’s the exact reason why the face the difficulty in choosing. But don’t worry, I have the right solution for you!
The right solution is to know what you want. The soon you know what you’re looking for, things become a lot more simple. You now have to judge every model based on what you’re looking for and go for the one that serves all your needs at the price that seems the most reasonable to you. Keep in mind that the best model for you is not the model that is the bestselling in the market but the one that serves all your needs at the most reasonable price without compromising on any of the essential aspects that make a model.
What are some of the main competing models for this model?
Naturally, all the good models have competing models that are equally good. In fact, these are the models that it becomes hard to choose between because of of them seem equally and perfectly alluring. However, this only makes it even more important to take a look at these machines so that you can choose the right one when you have to buy one. So, the main competing models for this model are as follows:
- Nespresso Inissia Espresso Machine by De’Longhi: De’Longhi, one of the most loved brands out there, brings to you the Nespresso Inissia Espresso Machine to cater to this love of yours for the perfect Espresso! This is naturally one of the main competitors for the Breville Essenza Mini Espresso Machine.
- Nespresso Expert Espresso Machine by De’Longhi: Next is the Nespresso Expert Espresso Machine by De’Longhi, that De’Longhi claims is one of its most special and bestselling products, you just might want to check it out regardless of the fact that you might have already decided on another model, because this model doesn’t take time to change your mind!
- Nespresso Essenza Mini Espresso Machine by Breville: This is the Nespresso Essenza Mini Espresso Machine from the Breville line of products, a line known for its unique products that provide with a really high level of functionality.
- Nespresso Vertuo Coffee and Espresso Machine by Breville: And finally, the Nespresso Vertuo Coffee and Espresso Machine, also from the famous Breville line of products (famous for their functionality, as I just stated) is yet another competitor for the Nespresso Inissia Espresso Machine from the De’Longhi line of products.
Top Off My Coffee is here for you!
Finally, we might conclude by thanking you for reading our article till the very end. We hope that you were able to learn at least something from it that would help you on your quest of finding the best model for yourself.
We would like you to know that Top Off My Coffee is here for you. We’re always on the lookout for opportunities to bring articles like this to you to help you know the exact things that you need to know to make the right choice. However, should you have any more queries, please do not forget that we are here only for you and look forward to hearing from you. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us and please feel free to ask us any question that might cross your mind.
Once again, we hope that you liked the article, and we hope to see you soon again on our next article. In the meanwhile, why don’t you check out our other articles? We wish you a great day!